[wp-hackers] Multi and single widgets

Nicholas Ciske nl at thoughtrefinery.com
Tue Apr 23 14:41:41 UTC 2013

Yes, single widgets are legacy widgets (made before the Widgets API was available in 2.8, released in 2009).

If there are any left, I'm not sure you'd want to support them -- I'm sure they are marked as 'older than 2 years' in the plugin repo.

http://wordpress.org/news/2009/06/wordpress-28/

http://wpengineer.com/1023/wordpress-built-a-widget/

Nick Ciske
http://thoughtrefinery.com/