[wp-hackers] Adding the "Insert From URL" tab to a 3.5 upload modal

Ian Dunn ian at iandunn.name
Mon Apr 1 16:56:09 UTC 2013

Thanks Luke. It seems like I'd need to create an entirely new view by
extending wp.media.view.MediaFrame.Post, and then remove the Gallery
tab, change the Insert Into Post button, etc. My initial attempts at
that didn't work out, though, and I've already spent more time on this
than it really warrants, so in the interest of being practical I decided
to compromise and just give the user an extra text field if they want to
enter a remote URL.