[wp-hackers] Your development application workflow

Stas Sușcov stas at nerd.ro
Wed Sep 12 15:31:06 UTC 2012

În data de Wed, 12 Sep 2012 18:04:40 +0300, Rilwis <rilwis at gmail.com> a
scris:

>> I am setup for Windows dev work. So I use XAMPP's Apache and MySQL
>> (defaulted to myisam) running locally out of a DropBox folder.  I shut
>> down the servers any time I might be switching from desktop to laptop to
>> prevent collisions.  It's a bit of awesome just be able to just turn on
>> the laptop and have your host file, httpd.conf&vhosts.conf and mysql
>> databases just work for your local dev environment.  The mklink windows
>> command and DropBox allows for wonderful things like portable hosts
>> files (and Terraria characters).
>>

> I do the same thing, but instead of using mklink to create links to
> various
> folders/files, I throw everything to my Dropbox folder! XAMPP is about 60
> MB + WP source + Database is about 200 MB, that's not a problem with
> Dropbox. And while using this trick, I can develop WP everywhere.

git
https://github.com/dxw/whippet
https://github.com/stas/pluginify
https://github.com/benauthor/phpa or
https://github.com/jmagnusson/phpa-norl
(better php-cli,
if you are on ubuntu take a look at these php5 packages
https://launchpad.net/~sushkov/+archive/php54)

There's also https://github.com/buddypress/wordpress-unit-tests to test
patches

Ben wrote some stuff to get your plugin playing nice with Travis. Though I
didn't get a chance to play with it.
https://github.com/benbalter/wordpress-plugin-tests