[wp-hackers] Your development Setup

Jeff Rose jeff at jeffrose.ca
Wed Jul 18 14:18:16 UTC 2012

I've used a XAMPP setup on both Windows and Mac and have been quite happy
with it. Learning how to create virtual hosts on my Mac when I first got it
was a challenge, but it's all on the internet. Xdebug and Firebug of course
- and sometimes FIREPHP if I'm really desperate.

I tried MAMP (Mac version) but never got it working.

Having different installs for different clients that can match their real
world setup really helps, and keeping copies locally (with backups!) means
Internet isn't an issue.

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 5:00 AM, <wp-hackers-request at lists.automattic.com>wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 00:45:58 -0700
> Subject: [wp-hackers] Your development Setup
> To: wp-hackers at lists.automattic.com
>
> Hi everyone. I am looking to get starting with WordPress and PHP coding and
> I wanted to know what kind of setup do you all have, what kind a systems,
> specs, software you use.
>
> More detials the better, and of course some pics so I can see what it all
> looks like. Hoping for some good ideas to get my own development setup
> done.
>

> --
Jeff Rose