[wp-hackers] absolute URLs in plug-ins and custom types

Ryan McCue lists at rotorised.com
Sun Jul 8 06:16:53 UTC 2012

Otto wrote:
> Last I checked, WordPress was free software. Unless you're
> contributing somehow, you haven't paid for it. And you don't need to
> be a massive code expert to contribute, just saying "this plugin is
> awesome and solves a bunch of problems for me" is pretty darned good
> too, because it tells the core developers what code to look at, what
> code works, what the problems are, and what to emulate in order to
> solve those issues.

On the other hand, it's useful to find validation before submitting a
patch. There's nothing like going to write a nice patch and getting most
of the way through it before you're told it's never going to make it in.
(That's what I was attempting to do in my previous posts.)

If there's a fair chance of it getting into core, I'd be happy to work
on integrating that plugin (or writing something from scratch if it's
not good enough).

--
Ryan McCue
<http://ryanmccue.info/>