[wp-hackers] id="respond" used more than once?

Shasta Willson shastaw at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 00:08:22 UTC 2012

I'm creating a plug-in for my own use (at least for now) that needs to
modify the comments only on a given template.  In most cases I've
figured out how to do what I want, however I'm stumped by turning off
the "respond to comments" portion of the template.  I know I could
write my own logic for a comments template, but it seems like there
should be a hook or filter or something that makes this easy.  After
failing to find it, I tried to use CSS to give the respond to comment
div a non-display value.

That's when I realized the CSS for the main comments and these
comments is identical.  Both have id="respond", id="commentform" etc.

So now I have two questions:

is there a hook to turn off the threading only on certain pages?
is there somewhere I should report the badly formed CSS?

Thanks!
Shasta