[wp-hackers] GitHub + plugins.svn.wordpress.org

Steve Taylor steve at sltaylor.co.uk
Mon Jul 2 17:34:46 UTC 2012

I tried that method but got this error:

Migrating from a git-svn v1 layout...
Data from a previous version of git-svn exists, but
        .git/svn
        (required for this version (1.7.8.msysgit.0) of git-svn) does not exist.

Done migrating from a git-svn v1 layout
Error validating server certificate for 'https://plugins.svn.wordpress.org:443':

 - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
   fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
Certificate information:
 - Hostname: *.svn.wordpress.org
 - Valid: from Jun 21 16:07:30 2012 GMT until Jul 15 19:04:26 2015 GMT
 - Issuer: 07969287, http://certificates.godaddy.com/repository, GoDaddy.com, In
c., Scottsdale, Arizona, US
 - Fingerprint: bf:08:a3:de:ab:e4:76:fd:d0:5d:10:d1:c8:de:19:12:5f:bf:71:25
(R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? t

RA layer request failed: PROPFIND request failed on '/': PROPFIND of '/': Could
not read status line: connection was closed by server. (https://plugins.svn.word
press.org) at C:\Program Files (x86)\Git/libexec/git-core\git-svn line 2139

In any case, before I persist, can you say that this method definitely
circumvents issues that arise when you have existing GitHub and
wordpress.org SVN repos, each with separate revision histories? That
was the only sticking point with Boone Gorges' method - things fell
apart when rebasing.