[wp-hackers] DOING_AJAX all the time

Steve Taylor steve at sltaylor.co.uk
Mon Jan 30 14:57:22 UTC 2012

I have a site in development that seems to think it's DOING_AJAX all
the time. There are AJAX aspects to the front-end, but even non-AJAX
requests seem to have this flag set.

So, if I put this line in header.php, functions.php, a plugin:

<?php echo 'DOING_AJAX: ' . ( DOING_AJAX ? 'yes' : 'no' ); exit; ?>

Even if I just make a plain request to a page in the browser, I get:

DOING_AJAX: yes

I'm rushed so I'm heading for a workaround for now - just wondered if
anyone had any ideas?

Needless to say I've double-checked for the constant being defined,
and it's only in admin-ajax.php. Any idea how this may be being
included on a normal request?

Thanks,

Steve Taylor