[wp-hackers] Disable/ Stop "auto-draft" posts

David Law wp-hackers at google-adsense-templates.co.uk
Wed Feb 29 04:36:47 UTC 2012

On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 11:01:15 -0500, you wrote:

>If you want to try it out, this should do the trick:
><?php remove_post_type_support( 'post', 'revisions' ); ?>

Does that code work?

I use

define('WP_POST_REVISIONS', false);

added to the wp-config.php file.

Also use the plugin wp optimize which amongst other features deletes
the revisions and the drafts. After disbaling revisons the current
revisons are still held in the database, so ideally need deleting.

I was using one of the related posts plugins that hadn't been updated
for a while and it was pulling the revisons from the database as
related posts which was inconvenient :-)

The revisons can really add up to a lot of database entries, I have a
site with tens of thousands of posts and a plugin that updated the
posts at random (gave them the current date, pushing them to the top
of categories etc...) it was generating loads of revisons!

David
--
http://www.stallion-theme.com/ Stallion WordPress SEO Theme
http://www.stallion-theme.com/stallion-wordpress-seo-plugin Stallion