[wp-hackers] Clickable links filter on FTP hostnames

Ryan McCue lists at rotorised.com
Sat Dec 15 12:39:33 UTC 2012

Otto wrote:
> Funnily enough, when I viewed your email in GMail, it did exactly the
> same thing to your "ftp.example.com", in exactly the same way (adding
> http:// to it and making it a link).

Counterexample: Thunderbird linked it to ftp://ftp.example.com/ so
there's definitely software that does this.

I'd be against something like that in core (seems a little iffy to guess
a protocol based on the name), but you should be able to do it yourself
by filtering the autolinking functionality.

--
Ryan McCue
<http://ryanmccue.info/>