[wp-hackers] Script bundled with WordPress 'since' .. & theme requires version X

Alexander Höreth a.hoereth at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 02:07:16 UTC 2012

Hey there,
is there any way to figure out since which version a script is included in
WordPress Core?

There is a list of all scripts included, but it does not contain an 'since'
[1]

Wanted to use 'farbtastic' as fallback for the new color picker from 3.5.
In trac there are already tickets from 2008 about it - when trying to
enqueue it I only got it working 3.2 and newer.

wp_enqueue_style( 'farbtastic' );
> wp_enqueue_script( 'farbtastic' );

Furthermore, not exactly the same topic:
There is no "theme requires version X and is compatible up to version Y" on
WordPress.org, is it? Wanted to install some themes featuring post
thumbnail on 3.0 to test my plugin. First idea: 2012. It broke because of
an missing multiuser function.
Is this a bug which should be reported and/or patched? I didn't do so
because the theme no where claims to be compatible down to 3.0.

Best regards, hope you all get some sleep before 3.5 is released

[1]
http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_enqueue_script#Default_scripts_included_with_WordPress