[wp-hackers] 404 Page on Custom Post Types and Custom Taxonomies

Ryan Frankel ryan.frankel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 17:30:10 UTC 2012

Hi all,
  I am having a strange issue that I am sure has a simple solution but is
throwing me for a loop ( uh, yeah I did )...

  I have created a bunch of Custom Taxonomies [ 'merchant',
'coupon-category', 'deal-type' ] and a Custom Post Type [ 'coupon' ].
Everything works great until I go ahead and enable pretty-permalinks.  At
this point I get a 404 when I try to visit any Taxonomy archive page.  I
have set up taxonomy-merchant.php and so on but the rewrite rules don't
seem to function correctly.

  There are a bunch of articles online about this sort of thing but I have
yet to find anything concrete on this issue.  I am registering the CPT and
Taxonomies like this: https://gist.github.com/4217653

  I have tried flushing the rewrite rules in every way possible as I am
sure that would be most peoples first reaction.  If anyone could provide
any direction or feedback it would be greatly appreciated.