[wp-hackers] is there a plug in that does browser's text view

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 19:08:43 UTC 2012

Is there a plug in ( or a php snippet you know of ) that extracts the text
( filtering down the HTML ) out of a url passed to it?

Example:

Check this link out
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2012/04/2012410203742758407.html

In its page body, it's got the following text;

"Kofi Annan has urged the UN Security Council to help prevent the collapse
of his efforts ..... "

Which is the same text that you see when you google that article
https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=UN+urged+to+push+for+Syria+ceasefire

The plan is that I write a script, that submits to google, gets into google
html, parses the 1st link and gets that 55 word description out of it and
then uses that extraction as a beginning delimiter in getting the 500
characters from the destination article.  I need that plug in and PHP code
so that I can work with a cleaner/easier  text to deal with.

Ofcourse, I can get into the PHP's striptags function and create that
snippet myself (but before I get my hands dirty with coding), I thought I
double check with you guys.. maybe you guys know of a plug in - or suggest
a better way.  I thought of getting to the RSS text but I cannot find an
RSS content search using google.