[wp-hackers] Two new, long-overdue plugins to make your wordpress life a little easier...

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Sat Oct 29 00:45:08 UTC 2011

On Oct 28, 2011, at 8:29 PM, Rick Maltese wrote:
> I was merely suggesting other plugins that would be useful. Perhaps
> this is not the thread for it.

No problem (for me anyway), I just didn't understand what you were asking and I was interested to know.  We might write such a plugin.  How would you want to see the results accessed and/or delivered?

> I was thinking that a plugin would be useful that lists the various
> changes to the default settings something like windows system info
> use to do.

You mean something that lists the changes in wp_options from default, or something more than that?

> The second point is that if someone wants to make registered users
> posts easy to do without using the dashboard I would like to see a
> plugin for that.

Ah.  Kinda like Gravity Forms?  There are probably others that are free too.

> I do have a third wish and that is a plugin that handles user pages
> that does not require the dashboard access.

Okay. Have you looked?  I'd be surprised if there were not plugins that do that already.

I know BuddyPress does, but of course that's overkill for most use-cases. :)

-Mike