[wp-hackers] Better approach for post formats

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sun Oct 23 19:29:37 UTC 2011

I actually wish core *would* impose at least *some* Post-Format
implementation conventions - primarily regarding Post *data* entry.
Imposition (or, more accurately, simply *definition*) of such conventions
would actually *help* facilitate more widespread use/support of Post Formats
by Theme developers.

Though, I understand completely the reasoning. As you noted: Post Formats
really are simply a custom taxonomy, wrapped with some dedicated template
tags. But, I think they've been around long enough - and have seen
widespread-enough adoption - for a data-entry convention to be defined.

Chip