[wp-hackers] Custom HTML Tags in Comment Form

Robert Lusby nanogwp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 14:20:11 UTC 2011

How do you define custom HTML tags for users use in a comment form?

If you define CUSTOM_TAGS as true, then WordPress does't declare the
following globals:
$allowedposttags
$allowedtags
$allowedentitynames

I'm only interested in comment tags ($allowedtags).

Do I *really* have to 'redeclare' all of the three above globals?

What if core updates $allowedposttags in the future ....

How do you solve this?

Also - all documentation on define CUSTOM_TAGS in the codex is incorect.
You can't define it on INIT, as by that point it's already defined
within kses.php. Looks like a bug perhaps.

Rob