[wp-hackers] Difference between 'aside' and 'status' post format?

Andrés Sanhueza peroyomaslists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 21:38:49 UTC 2011

> For me, they have separate uses.  But, one could certainly use a single
> format and do both.

Yeah, but still seems to be more like a merely conceptual
differentiation. Most people are going to use either one or the other,
and there must be something like "theme interoperability" and I don't
think it could make much sense to maintain a public theme that
supports both with the two looking pretty much the same. Do you think
there is a possibility to 'deprecate' one of both in core?