[wp-hackers] Difference between 'aside' and 'status' post format?

Justin Tadlock justin at justintadlock.com
Fri Nov 4 22:42:13 UTC 2011

I use aside for short thoughts and thoughts with a link to another
site.  I use status to update things such as what I'm doing.

Example aside:

"I just don't know what to think about the state of things in America.
Every party is filled with money-hungry idiots who'll never change
anything. Oh well."

Example status:

"I'm headed to WordCamp Philly today!  Woo-hoo!"

For me, they have separate uses.  But, one could certainly use a single
format and do both.