[wp-hackers] Plugin Licensing

Andy Charrington-Wilden andycharrington at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 22:53:24 UTC 2011

I think at the end of the day there is no clear cut answer. Do what you plan to do, just beware of the potential backlash from the community. Until someone goes to court over whether or not plugins and themes are derivatives of WordPress we will never know. In a way it makes me wish thesis had held out and gone to court as Matt threatened. I don't really wish that on anyone but at least we would have had some clearer answers....

This list is not the place to find the answer though.

Jealous Designs
Website: jealousdesigns.co.uk
Portfolio: jealousdesigns.co.uk/portfolio
Phone: 07903030008
Twitter: _a_n_d_y
Skype: andycharrington

Sent from my iPhone