[wp-hackers] GSoC 2011

Eric Mann eric at eam.me
Tue Mar 15 20:08:53 UTC 2011

Aditya,

That looks like a significant amount of API work, but I can definitely see
the value in that kind of integration.  Do you have any experience working
with the Google API?

I'm also concerned about trying to integrate with *all* of the Google Apps
systems.  Particularly since you seem to be targeting UI functions and not
just integrating the Google UI.  The Gmail integration by itself would be
fairly heavy ... you're basically proposing to build a webmail client into
WordPress that uses Gmail to send/receive messages.  So while you have a
fairly robust list of features, I'm wondering just how feasible it is for a
GSoC project.