[wp-hackers] Outputting Clean Well Indented and Readable X/HTML

Alex Andrews awgandrews at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 20:34:58 UTC 2011

Dear all,

Looking at the raw HTML for a site I'm working for, its really
horribly formatted. There is just so much unnecessary whitespace and
bad indenting. It makes it very difficult to work out what is going
on, and occasionally what is going wrong.

How do other people cope with this? I know there are a few plugins,
but they don't seem to format HTML 5 well. HTML Tidy module for PHP is
unavailable on my server. How can one:

1. Use plugins to make HTML output from Wordpress look best.
2. Have best practices for programming PHP in Wordpress to solve this problem?

Thanks for all your help.

All the best.

Alex