[wp-hackers] esc_textarea() back to normal text?

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sun Jun 19 23:11:24 UTC 2011

I think, generally, the esc_*() functions are intended for *output* of data,
rather than for *input*. For *input* of data, you might be better-served
using the appropriate KSES filter, e.g. wp_filter_kses() for HTML, or
wp_filter_nohtml_kses() for normal text.

(Of course, if I'm wrong, I'm sure I'll be set straight shortly! :) )

Chip