[wp-hackers] Magic Quoting removal Road Map/Plan

Ken (WraithKenny) ken.adcstudio at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 21:01:50 UTC 2011

The best thing that could happen at this point is that we make sure
new WordPress developers are aware of how WordPress treats Magic
Quotes, and that it's consistent and expected. (I know that we
should've all read into settings far enough to find it, but not all of
us have.)

New devs don't know the history on this, and so sometimes may assume
that they aren't automagically enforced. Promoting awareness of this
fact could save new devs hrs of development, many headaches, and
prevent potential vulnerabilities.