[wp-hackers] Magic Quoting removal Road Map/Plan

Jari Pennanen ciantic at oksidi.com
Fri Jun 10 15:43:56 UTC 2011

Hi again!

2011/6/10 John Blackbourn <johnbillion+wp at gmail.com>:
> On 10 June 2011 15:57, Jari Pennanen <ciantic at oksidi.com> wrote:
> The single most important thing is consistency - whether we have magic
> quoted variables or non-magic quoted variables - as long we only have
> one or the other then it makes the lives of WordPress plugin
> developers that much easier and their code that much more secure.

This is a problem if there is ONE API that gives output in TWO
formats, but with my idea that is not the case:

If we have wrappers for getting in non-magic quoted format we have
*TWO* API's, one that gets results in non-magic quoted format too.
There is no confusion WHAT SO EVER, since they are distinctly
different API's. As an bonus IF everyone start to use this new API it
allows to get rid of whole wp_magic_quotes in distant future.

Consider the wrapper non-magic-quoting API addition, please!

P.S my example should have been:

$a = wp_get_post("something", "notfound");

equals

$a = isset($_POST['something']) ?
stripslashes_deep($_POST['something']) : 'notfound';