[wp-hackers] pulling a massive HTML site into Wordpress

Alex Andrews awgandrews at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 11:03:04 UTC 2011

Sorry to be confusing, Ruby is a totally different programming
language from PHP, just ignore me, if you don't know PHP this isn't
helpful to even mention it.

Sadly not, because HTML pages are in no standard format that a given
plugin could guess. The only possibility would be extracting the raw
text from the HTML, but because this is the sort of operation that
you'd have to do in a script anyway, and still then you'd need to
write something to add them all automatically to WordPress, then you
might as well cut out the middle man and parse the HTML directly.

Remember, in learning how to code a script then coding one, you'll
save time anyway, compared to copy and pasting anyway.

All the best,

Alex