[wp-hackers] first time SVN user, first time adding plugin to directory

Eric Mann eric at eam.me
Wed Jul 6 17:33:40 UTC 2011

> I cant see that menu option you mention.

I was actually talking about Versions, as im on a mac.

Just so you know, stating you can't find a menu I mentioned when you're not
even using the software I was talking about doesn't help either of us.  I
can't give Versions advice since I'm not on a Mac and have no experience
with it ... but I have been told that SCPlugin works the same as
TortoiseSVN, which is why I recommended that and linked to the tutorial.

I keep getting messages like this

> Commit failed (details follow): access to
> > '/!svn/ver/405486/wordpress-gallery/tags' forbidden

With that commit failure message, I'm wondering how you checked out the
repository in the first place.  It almost looks like you're trying to commit
to a specific changeset rather than to the repository in general.  Can you
explain the steps you used to checkout for us?  If you used a specific
tutorial, can you link to that as well?