[wp-hackers] post format types

Brian Layman wp-hackers at thecodecave.com
Thu Jan 6 20:32:09 UTC 2011

And we do know we already have lots of ways to implement these
features.  It's just that now we are going to have to train people by
saying something like: "When you want the post to look like a status
update, choose "aside" under "Post Format". If you want it to look like
a conversation,  choose the "chat" post format instead. If you want it
to look like a birthday announcement, totally ignore that box and do
something completely different because this feature is interoperable".

My concern only applies if the code has been written so that core
changes are required to add and remove from that list. If it is
pluggable/filterable/actionable or whatever, great! Let the official
stance of THIS IS THE LIST - be the final word.  As long as it's easy to
break that rule and we don't have to cross train people, I'm quite
content. ;)

--
Brian Layman
http://eHermitsInc.com