[wp-hackers] opinions for a multi-language plugin for WordPress

Leo germani leogermani at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 16:28:02 UTC 2011

Jeremy,

Just to tell you that I have just finished the part of the plugin that
handles with all the options.. It works great. I dont have to register the
sidebars again, but the behavior ends up the same, I have completely
independent sidebars...

Now Im going to solve how to translate taxonomies...

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 9:18 PM, Jeremy Clarke <jer at simianuprising.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Leo germani <leogermani at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > About the Multi Site alternative, I was thought of it (and used it) as a
> > work around. Does this plugin you mention that saves relationships
> between
> > posts in the different subsites exists? If not, it seems quite easy to
> do,
> > but then I think its another plugin, not this one Im describing. I mean,
> > dont think its possible to do both things with the same plugin.
> >

> The plugin I use is not available but there is a much simpler version that
> shows the effect:
>
> https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bilingual-linker/
>
> AFAIK all it does is give you a postmeta field for 'other language' and
> display the results on the post, but in many cases that is the only thing
> you really need to turn two seperate sites into translations of each other.
>
> What it's missing is things like tracking the original author of some
> content separate from it's translator, and the ability to handle more than
> 2
> languages with any kind of grace.
>
> I agree that my multisite approach shouldn't necessarily be part of a
> plugin
> designed for single-site, as a lot of the logic is totally seperate. I
> think
> in theory you could have one plugin that did both, so it's possible, but
> it's not really desirable to mix them together.
>
> --
> Jeremy Clarke
> Code and Design • globalvoicesonline.org

leogermani.com.br