[wp-hackers] Plugin version display on wordpress.org?

Scot Hacker shacker at birdhouse.org
Wed Feb 2 07:03:28 UTC 2011

I'm trying to figure out why my new plugin is showing a screwy version # :
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/solomail/

The current version is 1.3, not 1.2.
It has an svn tag for 1.3.
The readme.txt in both trunk and tags/1.3 includes these lines:

Version: 1.3
Stable tag: 1.3

I honestly don't know where the site is getting the 1.2 information from. Also, FWIW, these two documents might be cleared up a bit:

The standard readme:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/about/readme.txt
Does not include a reference line for Version (it just includes the Stable line).

This page however:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Writing_a_Plugin
Shows a Version line but not a Stable line

Also, thanks to peeps on this list who tipped me off that phpmailer class was in WP core - that discussion turned into this plugin.

Thanks,
Scot