[wp-hackers] Memory outages and wordpress

Peter van der Does peter at avirtualhome.com
Tue Sep 14 18:51:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 20:27:22 +0200
mailapera <mailapera at gmail.com> wrote:

> I did not know WP was resource intensive, it seems a short hand reply
> to me, if not a BS reply. However I would like some opinion on this
> please. I have about 300 visits per day on the server, and 1G of ram.
> Thanks

I run my blog on a shared host and get 500 visitors/day, no problem.
Only recently I installed a cache plugin but that's mostly to combine
and gzip css and js files. I don;t cache the HTML pages.

If you are subject to heavy spam you might want to look into that,
preventing them from accessing your site.
My site has been slow as well because of spammers. I'm not sure how many spammers a day I
get but it's a lot and if each and every one would actually access my
site it would slow it down as well.

--
Peter van der Does

GPG key: E77E8E98