[wp-hackers] Bundled Plug-ins

Ozh ozh at ozh.org
Sat Oct 2 18:05:23 UTC 2010

Still doesnt make sense to me :)

Akismet gets sometimes updated. Yep, that wouldn't justify pushing a
new version of the whole WP.
functions.php get sometimes updated, and that doesn't mean a new
version of WP neither.

I'm not saying every commit should be pushed into latest.zip on the
fly or justify bumping the version number. I'm just saying that I
don't get why askimet.php gets a special treatment that other files
don't. And I understand that this is probably confusing for my Mom
when she installs something and is immediately prompted to update
parts of it.

Never mind... :)

http://ozh.org/