[wp-hackers] Best SEO plugin?

Aaron Jorbin aaron at jorb.in
Mon Nov 8 03:51:59 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 10:17 PM, David Law <
wp-hackers at google-adsense-templates.co.uk> wrote:

> You are missing the point, from an SEO perspective we don't want ANY
> nofollow links as they delete PR/link benefit (see earlier in the
> thread), but from a user perspective we still want the option to link
> in comments.
>
> So switch nofollow with another way to link out without passing link
> benefit and damaging a sites SEO and you have a solution. My solution
> is to use forms for author links (see comments on my site in the sig,
> that site has no nofollow links and doesn't link out with text links
> as the author comment links are forms).

This seems pretty shady to many and I would hate to see core do this.  I
would rather see core provide quality semantic code (you know, like only
using forms when you have, I don't know, a form), then play some SEO game.
 the hooks are in place that if you want to modify the content of the output
of your comments, you are more then welcome.  If there is a need for
additional hooks, I fully support adding those.

http://aaron.jorb.in
twitter: twitter.com/aaronjorbin