[wp-hackers] Best SEO plugin?

David Law wp-hackers at google-adsense-templates.co.uk
Mon Nov 8 02:06:25 UTC 2010

On Sun, 7 Nov 2010 19:46:03 -0500, you wrote:

>Or, alternatively, use the get_comment_author_link filter to remove
>the nofollow attribute. http://phpxref.ftwr.co.uk/wordpress/nav.html?wp-includes/comment-template.php.source.html#l138
>
>William P. Davis
>will.davis at gmail.com
>207.660.5342
>http://twitter.com/williampd
>http://www.wpdavis.com

Not helpful if you don't want to link out to anyone who can find your
site and paste a URL into a comment form or use a script to
automatically spam your site for links. I only link to sites in a way
that passes SEO benefit when I choose to link to that site.

Unfortunatly allowing dofollow links in your comments can result in
your site being added to dofollow lists which are shared amongst
comment spammers.

I'd like to see core WordPress have the ability to both allow and
block author URLs etc... in multiple ways without harming a sites SEO.

David
--
Monetize your WordPress blog with Search Engine Optimized templates
including AdSense ads http://www.google-adsense-templates.co.uk/