[wp-hackers] Twitter API and Authentication

Thomas Scholz info at toscho.de
Tue May 11 19:11:14 UTC 2010

Matt Harris:

> On the 30th June the Twitter REST API will stop supporting Basic
> Authentication and instead switch to OAuth.

All I could find for OAuth keys are these pages:
<http://twitter.com/apps/new> and
<http://dev.twitter.com/apps/new>

Both offer no I18n at all. The first page suggests that you may be able to
listen the captcha words in your native language (it tells me: »Eine Reihe
von Wörtern zuhören«, but speaks just … something I cannot understand),
but in fact both offer English interfaces only.
Without Javascript the images are completely gone.

Since I try build websites that are as accessible as possible: Where do I
send my users? Both pages I mentioned above are worst case scenarios –
there has to be something better, which I just didn’t find?

Regards
Thomas

--
http://toscho.de