[wp-hackers] StackOverflow for WordPress

Christian Foster christian.foster at gmail.com
Tue May 11 04:30:22 UTC 2010

I'm sorry but that is just rubbish. You wouldn't be able to create it
easily at all - you would be able to create a half baked, 50% version
easily and then spend as much time as they have finessing it to the
final standard.

Read: http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2009/07/code-its-trivial.html.

I just want the best tool for the job and as a repository of exporable
knowledge I find the stackoverflow system to be the best - why would we
not want the best for the community?

I feel quite strongly about this - the current forums work okay but they
are hard to filter out the noise, all the badly written questions, and
then there are thousands upon thousands of good answers buried beneath
all the other stuff.