[wp-hackers] XML controlled SWF files

Vinicius Massuchetto viniciusandre at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 00:39:59 UTC 2010

Hi all.

I know this thread is more appropriate to be posted in the forums, but
I saw the same issue there for about a month with no response [1].

I'm parsing a page for every local MP3 URL on it, and building a XML
file to be read by a SWF player. The player works nice out of
Wordpress on any host, but once we put it on the theme directory with
the XML, it doesn't work.

I imagine this XML entries always need to be in a relative path from
the SWF file, so maybe it has something to do with Wordpress blocking
relative paths inside themes. SWF won't understand dynamically
generated XML files, also.

Is it possible to embed a SWF file and have its actions controlled by
a external XML file? Has anyone faced a similar problem? I tried
several approaches with no success.

Thanks!
--
Vinícius Massuchetto