[wp-hackers] GSoc -Proposal

Alex Hempton-Smith hempsworth at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 20 11:57:50 UTC 2010

You're talking about a few projects here:

1) Group Polls
2) Search Group Members
3) Group Events (with calendar view)

As far as I know, group polls hasn't been implemented as a specific
buddypress plugin yet, and would probably be a welcome addition.
Especially if it was a fully fledged component, so the site admin
could create site-wide polls, a polls listing page etc. You could even
bring integration from PollDaddy..

Searching group members would definately be a good move, a really
useful feature that the majority of BP users would appreciate. I'd
suggest this would be the way to go!

There is already a popular BP Events component which will soon have,
if it doesn't already, calendar views. As this is being actively
developed already I wouldn't choose that.

Just my 2 cents though!

-- Alex (Hempsworth)

On Saturday, March 20, 2010, Neerav Mehta <coolneerav4u at gmail.com> wrote:
> Basically I am talking about buddypress:
> In this the options available to users are very limited
> In groups there should polls created by the group owner & the members of
> group can participate
> also option for searching group menbers is also not there
> Also there should be a calender in each group where members of group can
> update the latest events there.
>
> --
> Neerav Mehta
> B-Tech Part IV