[wp-hackers] Permalink behavior with a feed name = sub category slug

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sat Mar 13 07:01:36 UTC 2010

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 09:44:07 +1200, Tim Berger <timberge at cs.tu-berlin.de>
wrote:
> The feed address would be http://undeuxoutrois.de/wp/feed/podcast
> This works as expected.
>
> But when I like to see the category view of the category "podcast" which
> is in this example a sub category of the "oberkategorie" I use the URL
> http://undeuxoutrois.de/wp/category/oberkategorie/podcast .
> But I end up always seeing the custom feed content.

This is an unfortunate & rare use-case.. WordPress supports
URL/<feed_type>/ url's as well as URL/feed/<feed_type>/, and as you've
found out, the first takes higher priority over looking for <feed_type> as
a category.

My only real suggestion to you would be to change the 'podcast' slug to
something else such as 'podcasts' (You can change the Slug and the Name
seperately, it only affects the URL).

It would be possible to filter the Rewrite rules and remove the rules
which add the functionality if you were desperate enough for it to work
like that..

Dion Hulse / dd32

Contact:
   e: contact at dd32.id.au