[wp-hackers] How to rename plugins in the plugin repository?

Piyush Mishra me at piyushmishra.com
Wed Jun 30 16:06:58 UTC 2010

try using plugin dependency with svn(setup the name you want and
release a new version of the current plugin tht depends on the other
shoter named one. not a very good workaround though) or try directory
renaming may be with a new version of the plugin.
having some url shortening technique is also a good option. try
talking to some core devs about this though they may be able to help.
join #wordpress-dev on IRC and look for some core dev to help u with
the renaming on svn

Regards
Piyush Mishra
http://www.piyushmishra.com/