[wp-hackers] How to rename plugins in the plugin repository?

eric at eamann.com eric at eamann.com
Wed Jun 30 15:54:27 UTC 2010

A quick solution to that would be to add a rewrite rule to WordPress to shorten
the URL.  Then it would be something like:
http://www.yoursite.com/?wpresponder=[some_10_character_string].  You can tell
WordPress to pass this string directly to the file that uses it and perform an
internal redirect to put the user on the right page.  If you really want to get
into it, you can support pretty permalinks here, too:
http://www.yoursite.com/wpresponder/some_10_character_string.

I have a very rough system that does this in my RegLevel plug-in:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/reglevel/  It allows users to create
secondary registration pages for each user type on their site.  Visitors can
register on these secondary pages by going to
http://www.yoursite.com/?reglevel=Some_user_defined_string.