[wp-hackers] Adding parameters to add_meta_boxes_ . $post_type?

Thomas Belknap dragonfly at dragonflyeye.net
Sun Jun 27 17:16:55 UTC 2010

I have been playing around with ways to streamline adding new post types to
my site and in doing so, discovered that you cannot pass any values to the
add_meta_boxes_ function call on line 877 of post.php. I tried increasing
the number of arguments, but I'm definitely messing in areas I am unfamiliar
with.

Before I go any further, I'm wondering what peoples' thoughts are about
expanding this functionality? Is it a good idea or bad? Trivial or
complicated? Just lameness? }8{D>

Thanks!