[wp-hackers] Wordpress 3.0, can we finally get a LTS version?

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Jun 18 04:34:25 UTC 2010

Since we're taking some time off for wp.org updates... How about we
start an LTS tag or similar in trac now and see how it works? If it
gets enough traction, go with it. If not, don't. Like Peter said, it
has to be a community thing. If people are willing to backport and
submit patches, then tag them with LTS and roll with it.

3.0 may not be the greatest release to try this with, but given extra
time, it can't hurt.

-Otto