[wp-hackers] wp-hackers Digest, Vol 66, Issue 101

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Mon Jul 26 21:17:40 UTC 2010

On Jul 26, 2010, at 5:05 PM, Charles Frees-Melvin wrote:

> Not to flog a dead horse (or stubborn mule, you decide) would it not just make it a lot easier to combine wp_terms and wp_term_taxonomy into wp_terms and add a wp_termmeta and eliminate wp_term_relationships and have 1 function to get everything in one table and another for meta?

Maybe.  I agree that the current taxonomy system is at times counter-intuitive but what we have works well enough for now and what you propose could introduce all sorts of backward compatibility nightmares that I'd rather not live through all for marginal benefit?  I just spent 100+ hours on a project that would need to be rewritten to support that change.  Ugh.

JMTCW.

-Mike