[wp-hackers] Is there any compelling reason to use a custom post type plugin?

Brad Williams bradw at illiams.com
Mon Jul 26 13:24:30 UTC 2010

As a developer of one of these plugins (Custom Post Type UI) I would also
agree that for advanced users/setups you should manually register your post
types and taxonomies.  My plugin will never be the end-all solution to
custom post types.  I developed the plugin to help beginners get comfortable
with post types and how they work.

-Brad
@williamsba