[wp-hackers] Rename wp-admin problems

WP Customizer wpcustomizer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 08:03:42 UTC 2010

Well the idea is i would use find and replace to change all the refrences
from wp-admin to whatever I choose to name it.  My find and replace should
work on plugins, and upgrades as well as it automated using vb .net so it
literally only takes seconds to complete even on the hundreds of php files
in the wordpress core.

It's mostly an annoyance at WP being everywhere in filenames, ect.  Wht was
wordpress ever written this way, IMO it should use generic names like admin,
login,php, ect.  I know these changes I am attempting aren't officially
supported so I thought i'd try here to see if anyone might know what would
cause such a problem.  BEcause it's find a replace every refrence to
wp-admin is changed, including css.