[wp-hackers] Removing WordPress Multisite data

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Wed Jul 21 04:32:48 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 12:08 AM, Ashish Saini <ashishsainiashfame at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Any other way of doing this? I will take a look if my client has a backup.

You didn't answer Brian's question of "when" (or where) you are seeing this
error. I believe it only appears on Tools > Network. Simple solution is to
remove the WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE constant to hide that panel.

1. Remove the constants.
2. Remove the multisite tables. (You probably missed one.)
3. Remove the two fields added to the users table that are multisite-only.
4. Revert to the standard .htaccess, or delete it and allow WP to regenerate
it by visiting Settings > Permalink.
5. Follow http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network, or hire a consultant
to follow it.