[wp-hackers] Geodata storage

Michael D Adams mda at blogwaffe.com
Tue Jul 13 23:49:00 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 4:39 PM, Dylan Kuhn <dylan.k.kuhn at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems like it would be difficult to implement
> with postmeta, but if it were shown to work well I would definitely consider
> moving back that way. If not, I'll probably have to do some kind of
> synchronization with the standard fields.

If you use external tables or indices of any type, I highly recommend
synchronizing them to the standard postmeta keys discussed in this
thread and outlined here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Geodata

Not only do you increase interoperability with other plugins and apps,
you also ensure data portability: postmeta ends up in the WP Export
file, so import/export is taken care of for free.

Mike
--mdawaffe