[wp-hackers] Putting the H in WordPress-Hackers

John Bloch jbloch at olympianetworks.com
Wed Jul 7 16:05:42 UTC 2010

What I'm getting at is that somewhere along the line, decisions are always made regarding content and filtering it, whether that be on the publisher's end (comment filtering) or on the developer's end (all filters in general. Seriously, this is exactly what they are made for). The other things that WordPress does to content are much more serious in how they filter it. autop and wptexturize do much much more to alter the content than capital_P_dangit, especially if, like me, you need to use regular quotes when writing snippets of code (or just don't want WP to 'fix' your html).

If you don't like it, add this to functions.php in your theme:

remove_filter('the_content','capital_P_dangit');
remove_filter('the_title','capital_P_dangit');
remove_filter('comment_text','capital_P_dangit');

There. Now you don't have capital P and you can appear ignorant of the correct spelling if you wish.