[wp-hackers] Putting the P in WordPress

John Bloch jbloch at olympianetworks.com
Wed Jul 7 15:27:47 UTC 2010

Yes it's a community. Like any other community, there are leaders and prominent figures in that community. Take Andrew Nacin, for example. Hardly anybody knew his name a year ago. And now he's a core contributor, because he earned that respect. Nobody's going to stop you from joining the community and becoming a prominent voice, but nobody will listen to someone who contributes nothing productive. I'm not saying you have nothing to contribute, but trashing Matt and the rest of the devs for their contributions doesn't help, especially if you didn't participate in that discussion to begin with.

Changing Wordpress to WordPress is not something to get up in arms about. I know people that replace lists of offensive words with four asterisks. Can they now not use WordPress because they're violating the written contents of those writers? That seems like a bigger violation of 'written content' than this, doesn't it?