[wp-hackers] Fwd: Re: Putting the P in WordPress

Mark E mark at simplercomputing.net
Wed Jul 7 15:05:30 UTC 2010

On 07/07/2010 08:12 AM, Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> On 7/7/2010 4:48 AM, Gavin Pearce wrote:
>> *******
>> *** What do we really actually gain from this function? Seriously?
>> *******
>
> The correct capitalization of WordPress all over the web. A small easter
> egg that makes the people who care about such things happy. (It also
> increases participation on Trac.)

The obfuscation of the easter egg blatantly violates GPL v2. So all the
stuff you say about GPL boils down to this: "Do as I as say, not as I
do". And here I was thinking that you followed GPL to the letter, as you
imply other people should do.

http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12816

> Does that make sense?

No. There's no sense in you making these counter arguments around the
matter and trying to downplay the issue as trivial or bad juju for
gaining new core developers (nevermind that some us have bills to pay
and no free time to write core code). Just tell it like it is on this
issue because it's pretty apparent already - to some people anyway.
Everything you've written on this issue can be summarized (and already
has) as the fact that you personally want a one-word speller checker in
the core code and that's all that matters - oooo, a pun.

Mark